Powder Keg Racers -
We are excited to announce that this year the Powder Keg will feature 3 days of racing all at Brighton Ski Resort. We are still working out the details, but at a high level, this is what you can expect.
Friday, March 8
- Sprint or King of the hill race
- Pre-race meeting at Milly Chalet
Saturday, March 9
- Normal Powder Keg race
- SkiMo clinics sponsored by the US National Team in the afternoon
Sunday, March 10
- Technical Teams Race: Teams of 2 competing on a more technical course.
- Some of this course will overlap Saturday’s course, but there will be several additions.
- We anticipate this rae to have ~8,500′ of climbing
- The race will have 1-2 standard booters plus 1-2 roped booters requiring harness and ascenders and possibly also requiring crampons.
Please leave us your feedback about the race additions and we will take your comments into account as we plan the courses.