The time is quickly coming for the Powder Keg and we are feverishly working on race planning. We have once again had a great group of sponsors step up to support the race. With 3 days of racing, we have no shortage of prize requirements and we have been extremely grateful for the great support of our sponsors.
There are lots of exciting things going on this year. Here is a glimpse of them:
- Thanks to Voile and CAMP, we will have a Race Division prize purse of around $2,000! We are thrilled to be able to offer a cash purse and we feel this may help bring in some people for a rematch from the National Team qualifier races.
- For the Heavy Metal and Recreation Division, expect each podium of prizes to be over $750.
- The full weekend schedule has been completed.
- We are continuing to standardize with ISMF rules. Please review the posted rules. The entire ISMF rulebook is here.
- We have updated the required gear list for all of the races and listed some of our sponsors specific gear for the technical teams race. If you do not have a via ferrata kit, we will have a few of them for sale at racer check-in. Please let us know ahead of time if you would like to buy one to ensure we have enough.
- The FAQ page has updates pertaining to the overall race.
- Our sponsors have been finalized.
- We will be finalizing the Sunday Technical Teams course over the next 2 weeks. Expect the first half of the course to be the same as Saturday, but changing the ascent of Mt Millicent and then after descending Stupid Chute, continuing into Wolverine Cirque for more climbing. We are planning 2 roped sections after the start of the Mt Millicent climb.
- Sunday’s racers and volunteers will get an official Wasatch Powder Keg Hoo-Rag.
If you haven’t registered, be sure to sign up at Ultra Signup soon as cut-off for this year’s technical race shirt is February 25.