The 10th Anniversary Wasatch Powder Keg is quickly approaching. We are excited to be in our 10th year. The race has seen a lot in the past 10 years and continues to grow. We can’t put on this great event without the dedication of a lot of volunteers.
We sent out the first call for volunteers a couple weeks ago and currently have about two thirds of the volunteers that we need for race day. We still need a number of people volunteering on race day and we need people to help with setting the course during the days of 07, 08, and 09 Mar.
We’re looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help continue the outstanding success of this race. Whether you’re a veteran volunteer from years past or new this year, we want you on the team. We specifically have volunteer positions for skiers that we need to fill.
This is a great opportunity to participate in a home-grown event that features the best backcountry racers around. Everyone who volunteers gets a Powder Keg t-shirt, is invited to the post-race BBQ and awards, and is entered into a chance to win great raffle prizes at the finish line following the race.
As a volunteer, your commitment will include:
• Attend the one-hour pre-race meeting, tentatively scheduled for 6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, 07 Mar, at 6322 South 3000 East, Suite 100.
• Volunteer during the race from ~5:30 AM to as late as 12 p.m. on Saturday, 10 Mar.
Some specifics about the race:
• The race will take place on Saturday morning starting at 7:00 AM at the Milly Base of Brighton Ski Resort.
- We will have the Sprint Event around 11:00 AM on race day and all volunteers are welcome to participate in the Sprint Event at no cost. Sprint Event Details
• Course maps and more information are available at on the website.
- Signup for notifications on the blog page to get up to date emails about the race or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- We have some new sponsors this year. Check out the sponsor page and be sure to thank all of the sponsors.
The Wasatch Powder Keg is a great event because of volunteers like you who help organize and conduct the race. Thanks for helping out.
To sign up, please email me at emitzel_(at)_yahoo_(dot)_com.