Visit the Powder Keg Blog for up to date race information.
Powder Keg Triple Crown Ski Mountaineering Race and Backcountry Events
February 23-25, 2018
Saturday: Powder Keg
Sunday: Technical Teams Race
The Powder Keg will once again be partnering with Utah Avalanche Center for a full day of gear demos, clinics, food, and music. Visit the UAC event page for clinic details.
Where: Brighton Ski Resort, Big Cottonwood Canyon, Utah
- 4:00 PM Start Time
- 1 Division
- Race Stats: 1 climb of 3-5 minutes with switchbacks, a booter, and gate descent
- Race Entry: $20 (No day-of registration)
- 8:00 AM Start Time
- Elite & Heavy Metal Division Stats: 5 climbs, 6,500′ climbing, 10 miles
- Rec Division Stats: 3 climbs, 3,700′, 6.5 miles
- Cadet (15-17) and Viking (under 14) Division Stats: 3 climbs, 2,400′, 5.3 miles
- Race Entry: $75 ($85 on Friday, no registration after Friday packet pickup)
- 7:30 AM Start
- 1 Division – Teams of 2
- Race Stats: 6 climbs, 8,600′, 14 miles
- Required Additional Gear: harness, ascender, via ferrata
- Race Entry: $75 per person / $150 per team ($85/$170 on Friday, no registration after Friday packet pickup)
Register by February 20, 2017 to reserve your technical race shirt
Register for all 3 events for $150 per person (no registration after 6 PM Thursday night – 09 March 2017).
You must race all 3 events for USSMA points (for the USSMA Cup and overall rankings).