Visit the Powder Keg Blog for up to date race information.
Powder Keg Triple Crown Ski Mountaineering Race and Backcountry Events and the North American Ski Mountaineering Championships
March 04 – 06, 2016
Saturday: Powder Keg
Sunday: Technical Teams Race
The Powder Keg will once again be partnering with Utah Avalanche Center for a full day of gear demos, clinics, food, and music. Visit the UAC website for clinic details.
Where: Brighton Ski Resort, Big Cottonwood Canyon, Utah
- 4:00 PM Start Time
- 1 Division
- Race Stats: 1 climb of 3-5 minutes with switchbacks, a booter, and gate descent
- Race Entry: $20 (No day-of registration)
- 8:00 AM Start Time
- Elite & Heavy Metal Division Stats: 5 climbs, 6,500′ climbing, 10 miles
- Rec Division Stats: 3 climbs, 3,700′, 6.5 miles
- Junior Division Stats: 3 climbs, 2,400′, 5.3 miles
- Race Entry: $65 ($75 on Friday, no registration after Friday packet pickup)
- 8:00 AM Start
- 1 Division – Teams of 2
- Race Stats: 6 climbs, 8,600′, 14 miles
- Required Additional Gear: harness, ascender, via ferrata
- Race Entry: $65 per person / $130 per team ($75/$150 on Friday, no registration after Friday packet pickup)
Register by February 20, 2016 to get your technical race shirt.
Register for all 3 events for $140 per person (no registration after 6 PM Thursday night – 03 March 2016).
You must race all 3 events for USSMA points (for the USSMA Cup and overall rankings).
Print, review, and sign the Race Waiver and bring to packet pick-up.