Visit the Powder Keg Blog for up to date race information.
Powder Keg Ski Mountaineering Race and Backcountry Events
March 10 – 11, 2017
Friday: Vertical Race
Saturday: Individual Race and Backcountry Clinics
The Powder Keg will once again be partnering with Utah Avalanche Center for a full day of gear demos, clinics, food, and music. Visit the UAC event page for clinic details.
Where: Brighton Ski Resort, Big Cottonwood Canyon, Utah
- Vertical Race
- 4:30 PM Start Time
- 1 Division
- Race Stats: 1 climb of ~1300′
- Race Entry: $20 (No day-of registration)
- Individual Race
- 7:30 AM Start Time
- Elite & Heavy Metal Division Stats: 5 climbs, 6,500′ climbing, 10 miles
- Rec Division Stats: 3 climbs, 3,700′, 6.5 miles
- Junior Division Stats: 3 climbs, 2,400′, 5.3 miles
- Race Entry: $75 ($85 on Friday, no registration after Friday packet pickup)
- Backcountry Clinics
- See the UAC event page for clinic details.
Register by February 20, 2017 to reserve your technical race shirt
Register for the backcountry clinics at the UAC event page